uCommerce

Welcome to our official feedback forum. Please report bugs, make feature requests, or ask any question you’d like here. Thanks!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Webservice API

Access the uCommerce Foundations via webservices from other systems or Javascript.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)

We are working on Project LUX, our new UI for the back-end, part of that project will introduce webservices to support the UX. The services should also be usable for other clients and the potentially the front-end website as well.

• UI improvements

There are a few small UI improvements that could really improve user experience. for instance:
      - an icon or indication that a variant has a specific price (other than the parent product price)
      - the ability to delete/copy existing values when changing a product type to a diferent product definition. At the moment you make the switch, creating all new fields and when you switch back the old values appear again. From an IT standpoint this is logical, but the content editor will get confused by it.

5 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Project LUX is aimed at revamping the core UX of uCommerce. You’re suggestions will be taken into account as we delved into the individual workflows.

We’re a couple sprint into LUX at the moment.

• Adding a setting to allow promo codes to only be used once per email address

Adding single use promo codes to the marketing module that will allow site operators to set up promo codes that will only be used once. This will allow for anniversary promotions, milestone promotions and many other uses.

3 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          1 comment  ·  Admin →
        • More than one Variant at a time

Would be great to have a select-box or something to tell ucommerce how many variants are needed to have access to multiple empty slots that can be filled without waiting for the product to reload after every variant.

2 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            1 comment  ·  Admin →

Project LUX aims to revamp the back-end UX of uCommerce to make digital merchant more efficient in day to day operations. We will take your suggestion into consideration as part of the UX research.

• javascript bug in uCommerce 7.2.1.16274: after opening media tree to select image in umbraco parent.right is null

How to reproduce:
            - select a category
            - select the media tab
            - click on 'Choose' to select an image from the media browser
            - click cancel or select an image
            - click in the tree on another category

FIX:
            if you change parent.right.location.href into parent.right.document.location.href then the ReplaceLegacyJs call will update your code correctly.

Look at the umbraco cms source:
            https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/blob/master-v7/src/Umbraco.Web/Trees/LegacyTreeJavascript.cs

I tested this on Umbraco 7.5.3, but since this code of LegacyTreeJavascript.cs has not changed since Oct 23, 2013 I think more versions will have this issue.

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hi

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and that you have suggested a fix for it. That’s awesome.

We actaully change it from
              parent.right.document.location.href
              To
              parent.right.location.href

To make the selected node re-clickable.

However, we where not aware of this side effect.

I discover that this solve both issues:
              parent.document.right.location.href

This fix will be include in the next uCommerce release.

Regards
              Support

• Build the backend UI with Bootstrap or similar

As the backend is becoming more and more extensible, I find myself constantly running into problems either trying to figure out and reuse the uCommerce CSS, or integrating bootstrap and then having to override any conflicts between bootstrap and uCommerce's CSS. The HTML/CSS in the backend is looking somewhat tired and bloated nowadays - I think it would be extremely useful to build it using a framework such at bootstrap so that developers can easily extend the UI and make the process of building shareable apps much easier and more compatible.

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Great feedback, Al!

We are in fact rebuilding the backend at the moment. Everything will be based on Angular 2 and the HTML will be tidied up in the process. No ETA on release, but it is actively being worked on at the moment.

• Can't edit/remove product definitions on Sitecore

Hey guys, we are dealing with a problem here while trying to edit/remove product definitions:

1. Go to Commerce Settings / Product Definitions and create a new definition
                2. Go to sitecore Content Editor and check for the two new templates that were created just fine.
                3. Then we try to edit those templates by updating the layout and/or sub-layouts at the standard values item and save the changes.
                4. Then open up the presentation/details again and you will notice no changes at sight, meaning no changes were saved.
                5. Then go to the commerce settings/products definitions again and remove…

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Ruben,

We tried to replicate the errors you are getting on a fresh environment and cannot replicate step 4. You can check in the database in the SharedFields after you save the template for the specific template’s id and the look up the values are attributed to the field? That might give us an indication of what is overwriting it and why the changes don’t get saved.

Also, in regards to step 6, this is our intended behavior. You can delete the Product Definition, but it is only a soft delete as some products might be using those definitions.

Best regards,
                  Alice

• Don't see your idea?

uCommerce

Feedback and Knowledge Base